400 A.D. Duwamish ancestors live along the Duwamish River.
1851 Denny party lands on Alki Point.
1855 Chief Seattle signs the Treaty of Point Elliott , which requires the Duwamish to relinquish land along the Duwamish River.
1890s West Seattle Improvement Company invests in real estate on the Duwamish peninsula.
1907 West Seattle votes to join Seattle.
1910 Last Duwamish longhouse was burned down.
1911 Puget Mill Company offers right of way for Puget Boulevard.
1912 Puget Mill Company donates Puget Park to the city.
1912 Highland Park & Lake Burien Railroad begins service.
1922 Sand and gravel operations begin on Puget Ridge.
1941 Alaska Communications System establishes transmitter site on Pigeon Point.
1950s Soundway, a highway, is proposed through the greenbelt.
1958 University of Washington acquires property on Pigeon Point.
1964 Seattle Park Board gives permission to Yates Stables to establish horseback riding facility in Puget Park.
1970 South Seattle Community College opens.
1970s John Yates sells dumping rights in Puget Park to Ideal Cement Company (currently Lafarge).
1998 Seattle Parks and Seattle Schools acquire University of Washington property in Pigeon Point. New Cooper School is built there.
2000 rTrip forms to develop a plan for bicycle paths.
2003 Mayor Greg Nickels proposes housing in a portion of the greenbelt.
2011 City Council votes to keep the greenbelt green.
2014 West Duwamish Greenbelt Trails group forms.